Objective: To use my experience in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Networking & Systems Administration in order to deliver full-performance and cost-effective solutions for Laboratory and Development environments.
Aeronautical Systems -
Senior Engineering Technologist/Network Systems Engineer
Laboratory (SIL) ~ C130 and C5 Flight Simulators ~
· Management of a Sun Fire 280R Server Cluster and associated NIS/NFS environment (1 TB).
· Configuration and Management of RAID Storage utilizing VERITAS Volume Manager. (Sun T3 Arrays)
· File System Backup and Restoration utilizing VERITAS NetBackup for Datacenters (StorageTek L180)
· Installation/Management of Microsoft Windows 2000/3 Application & Terminals Servers
· Continual rollout and configuration of Sun Workstations (Solaris 2.5.1.thru Solaris 9)
· Forecasting and procurement of a yearly IT Hardware budget of $600K.
· Apache and Microsoft IIS Web Server Administration (ASP, Perl-CGI, PHP).
· Procurement of yearly Hardware and Software support and license renewals. .
· Implementation of a local Virus and OS update system for Microsoft Windows Workstations and Servers.
· Network Monitoring using SolarWinds Network Management Suite & various Open Source software.
· Coordination tasks when implementing Extranet, VPN, and Point-to-Point connections in the labs.
Software Engineering Process Department (SEPD) 6B22 1997- 2001
· IT Support for efforts to obtain CMM SEI Level 3/4 and ISO 9001 Certification.
· System support, administration, and configuration of a Digital UNIX Alpha 2100 server providing 24/7 uptime for a C-130J Flight Test Oracle Database (FTCCS Oracle 7.3.X).
· Support of sixty users in a UNIX and NT multi-Domain Engineering environment.
· Installation and ongoing Administration of Digital UNIX mail server (SENDMAIL, POP3, SMTP)
· Routine OS installations and upgrades of: Compaq Tru64 UNIX, Sun Solaris, SGI Irix, Redhat Linux, Windows NT Server, Workstation, and Windows NT Terminal Server.
· Development and teaching UNIX environment and shell programming classes to company personnel.
· VMS administration of two Digital 4000/200 VAX/VMS systems and related clients.
· Performed scripted in-place and "across the wire" tape backup routines to DLT tape devices.
· Field support for remote and traveling executive users. (Laptops, Mail, SecureID cards, NetMeeting)
· Network installation and support of the Fiber Optic Wave Division Multiplexing (FOBWDMä) system.
· Configuration of RAID Arrays using Adaptec, Mylex, IBM ServerRAID hardware and software.
· Travel to remote sites to set up Networks and computing appliances for demos and expos.
· Software installation of NCSA Httpd/Apache, Microsoft IIS 4, Netscape Fasttrack web servers.
Systems Engineer - CDI Marine - M&T Company a division of CDI Corporation
· Management of a fifty-user/four-server Novell 4.x network using IPX/SPX, LAT, and TCP/IP protocols.
· Maintain and Develop a Postscript text processing system based on PERL and system scripts (SPARCstation 2)
· Member of CDI Corporation's Information Technology Advisory Council (ITAC). This group collaborates on issues related to our corporate-wide enterprise network (Frame Relay).
· Overall support of PC clones, Sun Workstations, VAX 4000 workstations and Linux based PC platforms using DEC DNI, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP, NetBEUI and NFS networking protocols.
· Provide network connectivity, technical support, and
administration for The M&T Company's
· Provide support for AutoCAD and Interleaf publishing workgroups including associated printers, plotters and software.
· Support of an Apache web server and a Netscape Proxy server for remote and local work sites.
· Installation and configuration of PC, Sun workstation and VAX mainframe network computing hardware.
· Code authoring/maintenance tasks in Perl, HTML/SGML, UNIX shell and VAX DCL scripts.
· Authored numerous Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM's) for Automatic Test Equipment.
· Perform both manual and automated tape backups of company workstations and servers.
Electrical Engineer - Hybrid Systems Engineering GS-855-12 01/91 – 06/96
· Developed, debugged and maintained avionics computerized Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) software and hardware for the U.S. Navy's fleet-wide A-6 and F-14 community.
· Utilized cross platform protocols, multiple network computer hardware and a Novell 3.12 printing network to accomplish assigned tasks.
· Lead Cognizant Engineer for the Sparrow Missile Test Set (SPTS), the Loader Verifier Test Set (LVTS) and software support for the F-14 AWG-15F Weapons Control Panel.
· Designed, procured and built an interoffice peer-to-peer PC LAN for our engineering & logistics groups.
· Software development tasks involved source code authoring, debugging, updating and distributing using a variety of platforms (HP1000, PC, Sun, and VAX/VMS) and media formats.
· Routine responsibilities included project budgeting, system hardware prototyping, contract writing, project milestone monitoring, providing logistic engineering support, software configuration management, drawing reviews, user manual corrections/updates as well as compiling parts provisioning list to support new fleet equipment.
· Performed cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis on proposed engineering changes and new system support projects.
· Many efforts involved devising porting schemes for different computer platforms to facilitate diagnostics and firmware upgrades on unique systems.
· Common maintenance actions involved engineering investigation on malfunctioning F-14 and A-6 avionics assemblies.
· Participated in the field testing of new avionics support hardware and related firmware.
Chief Engineer – College CO-OP 08/89 – 05/90
· Purchased, installed, and maintained studio equipment in an AM broadcast environment.
· Head-of-station engineering committee and served as chief supervisor of all technical matters within the station.
· Submitted quarterly reports concerning my duties as Chief Engineer, which included every aspect of the job, such as expansion proposals, purchasing needs, and training of station personnel.
· Maintained five carrier current transmitters providing AM coverage on the college campus.
ENGINEERING RESOURCES USED
Operating Systems: Working experience in BSD UNIX,Compaq/Digital UNIX, DOS, HP1000 RTE-4, Intel RMX, IBM AIX, SGI Irix, MacOS 7-10.2 environments, Microsoft Windows 3.11/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003, Novell 3.12 - 4.1, VAX/VMS, SunOS/Solaris, and most popular Linux distributions.
Hardware Used: DEC (Alpha 2100-4/275), Sun (LX-Enterprise 280R), SGI (Indigo-ONYX2), IBM Netfinity (5500-7000) servers, Cisco Routers, Supermicro SuperServers, PC clones, Cisco/3Com/DEC Switches and Hubs, DEC Bridges, Tape drives (8 mm, DLT, LTO, Mammoth, QIC, TK series & reel tape), Network printers, Network & external modems (V.32-xDSL modems), Fluke LANmeter, rack hardware and numerous NIC’s (AUI/Twisted-Pair/Coax/Multi & Single Mode Fiber).
Programming Languages Used: Programming experience in Assembly, ATLAS, BASIC, C/C++, FORTRAN, PASCAL, Perl, PHP, HTML, and Makefile script languages.
Engineering Hardware Used: Extensive knowledge of Intel, Motorola, & Sparc architectures in workstations and embedded systems. Experience with various Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, Microprocessor simulators/emulators, 680X0, 80X86, Z-80 series microprocessors, Programmable Logic Controllers, PROM programmers, IEEE 488 based Instrument controllers and most common laboratory equipment. Worked with the following military ATE platforms: CASS, CAT-IIID, HTS, SPTS, LVTS, GRAD/GACT, MUPS, UPS, Harris PDS and MIL-STD-1553 data bus systems.
Solaris 8 TCP/IP Network Administration: July 2001, Sun Education Services Atlanta, Georgia
Solaris 8 System Administrator II: June 2001, Sun Education Services Atlanta, Georgia
OO Programming Using C++: Nov. 2000, Georgia Tech. College of Computing - Continuing Education
The C Programming Language: Oct. 2000, Georgia Tech. College of Computing - Continuing Education
ORACLE: Backup Techniques: 1999 Lockheed Martin Training, Marietta, GA
NOVELL Administration & Engineering Education: 1996, AmeriData, Norfolk, Virginia
CASS ATLAS Programmers Class: 1995, Lockheed-Martin Corporation, Orlando, Florida
PC Design for Embedded Applications: 1995, Annabooks University, San Diego, California
LASAR 6 Programming Course: 1995, Naval Air Warfare Center, Lakehurst, New Jersey
NAVAL Contract Officer Rep. Course: 1994, Naval Supply System Command, Norfolk, Virginia
Radar Operation & Design Fund.: 1993, The George Washington University
ATLAS Programming: 1992, LCTI Inc., Gaithersburg, Maryland
Microwave Test Fixture Design: 1992, Adam Microwave Consulting, Inc.